Tuesday, October 21, 2014

31 Days of Horror: Day 5 "Halloween" the Rob Zombie one



Oh Rob Zombie... what am I going to DO with you? I love your movies and I can tell you really get it. You love horror, you make horror, but you dress like a douchebag and I hate White Zombie. I'm so conflicted. No. I'm not going to be that superficial."Halloween" does a stellar job of creating a plausible and horrifying Myers origin story and I love that it completely ignores pretty much every movie after Carpenter's original. Just like most notable horror movies, the film slutshames, in this case showing gratuitous boobs and not even a hint of man-ass as well as pretty much blaming Mike's mom for his first homicidal outburst. It also features what I am realizing is a Zombie-staple, a very graphic and disturbing rape scene that should make any decent person's stomach turn. That being said, this movie was a delight for any film fan, if only for the cameos and their subsequent deaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment