Saturday, October 15, 2011

31 Days of Horror 2011: Day Four "Warlock"



SUMMARY: Unintentionally hilarious late 80's time-travelling/dark magic horror with a fantastic cast including Richard E Grant (dracula, how to get ahead in advertising), Lori Singer (motherfuckin footloose!), and the epitome of ponytailed 80's douche-bag cool Julian Sands (boxing helena, gothic).

I believe the phrase "This is horrible, let's turn it off" was uttered about 10 times during this film, but I could not (or maybe would not) will myself to push stop. The premise was interesting, kinda Bill and Ted meets the Highlander meets Willow (disclaimer: there are no dwarfs in this film). The effects were decent, culminating with a great ending death scene. Overall, I'm glad I watched the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment