Saturday, September 25, 2010

Dinner with Lori ~ Supper

I'm going to type this now in the hopes that I will learn my lesson: NO MORE RESTAURANT WEEK. Really, it's just not worth the foodie embarrassment and back-of-the-house glares. I have never had a notable dish at any restaurant during Restaurant Week and I have tried some of the city's best. It's amazing to me considering how popular of an event the Week is and how many potential customers these places are hosting that they would care so little about the food they are serving. Maybe restaurants are just like fuck these cheap bitches and don't care about sending out prefabbed, overcooked, boring dishes. I think it's downright offensive. A kitchen should want to turn out their best food all the time without exception. Have some dignity chefs!! Ok ok ok... breathe. So in reality I should really say that I am ONLY going to take advantage of restaurant week in a space that is visually stunning. The only worthwhile experience I've had at one of these sale dinners was XIX and really my enjoyment was not about food, it was all about ambiance. The space is so stunning that eating a cracker in there makes you feel like Grace Kelly.

Supper was no exception to this rule. The food was ok, nothing notable or special. The ambiance was nice but typical... not very interesting. The whole experience could best be described as "meh."

1 comment: