Saturday, September 18, 2010

Musing

I belong to the last pre-internet generation. My family had a dial-up through my high school years and my computer use in college was limited to term papers and/or aim chats. Sometimes I wonder what it's like to never have known a time when people used pay phones and knew the meaning of the phrase "be kind, rewind." I never thought I would be the remember-when-a-movie-was-only-a-dime type... but as I become more immersed in internet culture (..ahem like blogging...) I actually start forgetting what I did with my time before I filled it with facebook, craigs list, and youtube. 


Don't get me wrong, I lurrrvvvzzzz the internetz, but I think it is useful to go cyber-dormant for a day or week or so... slow down... hide your phone, hide your power cord. Go flip a record, rewind a vhs, or dare to use a disposable drugstore camera.



Pa. University Bans Facebook, Twitter For A W

No comments:

Post a Comment